BUYING A CAR AT AUCTION
Never bought at auction before ? don't worry,it's really easy ! See our simple steps below. Our senior auctioneer, Jim Ronan is always available to give advice or a valuation/ guide price on any vehicle entered in the auction. don't be shy, just ask !
If you are unsure about anything at all, ask !
Before the Auction:
- Read our auction entry listings online.
- View the vehicle/s of interest prior to auction. Description labels displayed on vehicle windscreens will provide tax expiry date, year, model, mileage, etc.If you want more information on a specific car, please ask a member of staff in reception office. We are here to help.
- If you wish to look at the vehicles service history,prior to bidding,go to reception and give the lot number. one of our staff will help..
During the Auction
How to bid
- Catch the attention of the auctioneer.
- Once the auctioneer and clerk are aware you are bidding, they will look back at you throughout the auction for further bids.
- If you are the sucessful bidder, go immediately to the rostrum and pay your deposit and give your details to the rostrum clerk
- If the auctioneer declares the bid 'Provisional' this means the reserve on the car has not been met but you are the highest bidder and the auction will contact the vendor to submit the bid and get approval to sell the car. this is done within minutes and if agreement is not reached,your deposit is refunded immediately so you can buy another car.
- If he declares it 'Sold outright' you are now the owner of that car !.
After the Auction
Pay a minimum £300 deposit immediately to secure your vehicle. Full name and address will be recorded.
Obtain vehicle after full payment has been received. Full payment is required within 24 hours of purchase. Details of payment proceedings are available in the office.. we accept most cards but be aware credit cards always attract a percentage charge due to heavy bank charges. the preferred method of payment is debit card.
Tips for buying
PLEASE REMEMBER: THE SALE OF GOODS ACT DOES NOT APPLY AT AUCTION.. ALL VEHICLES ARE SOLD AS SEEN SUBJECT TO DESCRIPTION.PLEASE SATISFY YOURSELF AS TO CONDITION ETC. BEFORE BIDDING, AS BIDDING ON ANY LOT IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. IF YOU ARE AT ALL UNSURE. DO NOT BID !
It is important to take special care to listen to the auctioneer. The auctioneer may advise on the amount of previous owners, whether the vehicle has registration documents or if any faults have been declared. Bidding usually increases in £50 or £100 increments. Be aware of how much you are bidding each time.